Neurology and Neurosurgery at UPMC
The UPMC Neurological Institute is recognized around the world for its ability to deliver advanced and comprehensive treatment and surgical care options for complex brain, skull base, and spine disorders.
We are the largest academic neurosurgical provider in the U.S.
At UPMC, we are committed to finding the best treatment approach for each patient, maximizing the benefits of surgery while minimizing the risks.
Our flagship hospital, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside is ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for neurological and neurosurgical care by U.S. News & World Report.
Diagnoses and Procedures
The UPMC Neurological Institute offers seamless, comprehensive testing, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up to develop a customized treatment plan consisting of state-of-the-art care delivered in a patient-centered setting. Some of the diagnoses we are world-renowned for include:
- Brain tumors such as Glioblastoma
- Chiari malformations
- Trigeminal neuralgia and other cranial nerve disorders
- Cavernous malformations in eloquent areas of the brain
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery
- Minimally invasive, lateral access, and adult scoliosis spine surgery
- Skull-based tumors
View the conditions treated by our Neurosurgery experts.
- Robert Friedlander, MD, MA
- Paul Gardner, MD
- Jorge Gonzalez-Martinez, MD, PhD, FAANS
- L. Dade Lunsford, MD
- David O. Okonkwo, MD, PhD
To schedule a consultation, contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at +1 412-688-8762.